Dr. Haggerty opened Anesthesiology and Pain Management Consultants, Inc. in Knoxville at the 640 North Building July 18, 2011. Since then, we have added an office in Alcoa and welcomed Krista Cutshaw A.P.N., Melodie Dahl A.N.P and Olga Mallicoat F.N.P to our staff. The practice continues to grow steadily and has gained a reputation for thorough, safe, and effective pain management.
- Dr. Haggerty is Board Certified by both The American Board of Anesthesiology and American Board of Pain Medicine with over sixteen years experience in medical and interventional pain management. He maintains admitting and procedure privileges at Tennova Healthcare.
- Patients are accepted with records from a local physician and are required to have an active primary care provider. We do not provide primary care services. We do not accept walk-ins.
- Dr. Haggerty’s initial visit notes and significant changes in plan of care are communicated to the primary care provider with the goal of maintaining consistent collaborative care.
- We review prescription reports and monitor random drug tests. We maintain all necessary certifications and licenses at both locations.
- We accept most insurance plans and are currently accepting new patients.
- We have recently streamlined our admission process to get patients in within one week of referral.
- We offer both medical and interventional pain management and provide access to medical equipment, physical therapy, and specialty consultation.
- We do not have a durable medical equipment concession or make exclusive arrangements with vendors. Our only exclusive arrangement is with our patients.
I believe that pain management is a specialty practice of medicine. It is this, with standards of care, character, and sound principles, that bring effective pain management to East Tennessee.
– Phillip J. Haggerty II, M.D.